Maoliworld

Ke Ao Maoli

To aid our discussions here- let's roll call on which surnames you might be researching or seeking connections?

here's mine:
Waiwaiole
Kala
Kalaau
Kalawaia
Keawe
Hale o Keawe
Keawemauhili
Mauuhili
Opuu
Mililama
Kanewanui
Nahoa
Kanakaole
Honolulu
Haleniau
Kuokoa
Mailehahai
Panui
Kauhane
Kapalena/ Palena
Napua
Kaipo
Keoke/Keoki
Keanuohawaii
Makanoanoa
Kupapaulu

Kauhimaka
Kanohokai
Kahunanui

Akana
Kaopuiki/Kaapuiki

Kama
Kanakanui
Kenui

Views: 3651

Replies to This Discussion

Heres a few of mine...

Adolpho
Makuaole
Kuapahi
Makanui
Pueo
Paekukui
Kapaekukui
Nakapa'ahu
Kekauoha
Hina
Manini
Opuweuweu
Hu'e
Waipio
Wahapa'a
Pa'ahao
Laie
Hauola
Kuahu
Kamohoali'i
Panui
Kahainuiahema
Nui
Onaonakuahiwi
Kailipolohilani
Kekaihiwa
Kaumeheiwa
Namakaniwahine
Kaikapu
Nunu
Memenu
Huakini
I gotta check, but Merrilee Panui married my dad's cousin Mike Chandler on Kaua'i. One of our aumakua is named Kamohoali'i. In fact on the Claire Lewis genealogy, there is a Kamohoali'i.
Kamohoalii was my father's name and he was named after this great-grandfather Charles Lewis Kamohoalii Hopkins. C.L. Kamohoalii Hopkins' mother was Kahanu Kawaakauhonua of Kaaawa, Oahu and she had a child with Charles Gordon Hopkins of England. My Dad's fathers' name was Kailipeleuli and he was given that name on a visit to North Kohala to visit his kupuna of the Aiwohi-Kamaka ohana.
Aloha Miliaulani:

One of your family amakua probably is the shark. Your father's name reference "The King of Sharks" .He was Pele's older beloved brother. You may belong to our family through the Pele line.
Who is the gifted one in your family? He/she should know more.

Their uncle is Lono-Makua the God of cloud, rain and thunder.The weather we have now is through Lono-Makua. Believe in your heart and do your own thing. Only you know your family better than others.
Good luck and malama pono
Bobby
Aloha Miliaulani:

Our kupuna name was Nancy Kahahana Kalani married Edward Aiwohi. Nancy's parents were
David Peleioholani Kalani who married his first cousin Harriet Kahahana Peleioholani. If your kupuna on the Aiwohi line is the same they can contact me anytime.

Malama pono
Bobby
Aloha Bobby,

Any relations to Wayne Kalani? Good bruddah from the west side.

Dom
Aloha Dom:

I would not be surprise we are family. The Kalani family in Hilo and Ka'u that are related to the Ke family is ohana. Now, the problem is we have family all over the world. Some no look Hawaiian and that is so beautiful and the families from the country side of our Islands, one look and they are definitely Kanaka Maoli's. It is not about race, it is about love.

If Wayne can share parts of his ohana then hopefully me or someone can make a connection.

One caution when sharing genealogy to others is some people will miss use it. Follow your heart and ask your kupuna and ancestors for permisson .

For me, it is time that I share a small portion of our genealogy, because our family genealogy is Kapu and it is for all the people of Hawaii nei to see. The door is always open to anyone who is family or loves our culture with a good heart,but make no mistake, the door will close quickly for those who enter with alteria motives.

Also, I would not be surprise you and I are ohana. It is time we find the truth.

Malama pono
Bobby E
aloha, My name is leina'ala kalani-figueroa. i was wondering if you have any relation to my grandpa herman?? i'm trying to figure out this side of the family but me and my mom is having a hard time. my great grandfather(herman kalani sr) married rebecca hanohano pa
Relation to Adolpho on Molokai?
Yes... Homesteads.... Don't know them all but, I think Carl and Kaeo are still there too.
Aloha.

I think they live Ho'olehua on homestead. I trying to think who was inmy class or three years older than I am. Bobby is correct about being related, we are all are related, just a different branch. Just like cousin Jennie and I and you and her and so forth. I encouraged her to do a Namaka'eha reunion. We aint getting any younger. Any plantation rentals in the area or cabins of Waimea?
I think I remember both of them. Wasn't Kaeo closer to our age? But had Andrea, she was your sister's classmate, then one of those brothers. Oh wait, I think Carl grad in '82.

RSS

Advertise to a Hawaiian Audience

Contact ikaika@maoliworld.com for advertising rates.

Badge

Loading…

Welcome

Aloha & Welcome to Maoliworld!

If you have suggestions on how to improve this site, email ikaikahussey (at) gmail.com.

You can adjust your security settings (what people can see and can't see) by going to "My Settings" on your page (click on "My Page" tab).

Please review the Maoliworld Terms of Use and Maoliworld Principles:
Maoliworld Terms of Use
Maoliworld Principles

Blog Posts

"My name is Dr. Kehaulani Kauanui."

Posted by kukuna o ka la on November 20, 2014 at 12:30pm — 1 Comment

© 2014   Created by Ikaika Hussey.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service